Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Is it snowing by you?

Who's asking: Anna Bragdon, China, ME

It is not. Although the temperature is only 32F (0C for those of you reading abroad), what is falling from the sky is very, very cold rain, and it could not possibly be any more miserable. The cold is that bone-cracking, damp chill that makes you feel you will never be warm again ever, ever, ever in your whole life, even if you boil your feet and wrap yourself in 20 blankets.

Even Dizzy, normally oblivious to the cold, has wadded himself up in a pile of blankets on my bed. He thinks it's a good day for a nap, and I am having a hard time disagreeing -- but he is a sporting dog and I am a working dog, so it's time for another cup of coffee. A very HOT cup of coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the worst case of blisters on my feet in Bombay/Mumbai last week at 35°C (that's 95°F for those NOT living abroad).
Now I'm back here in Germany and it's 9°C (48.2°F).
Sue