Friday, July 09, 2010
Five Random Questions with GREGG HURWITZ
Gregg Hurwitz is the internationally-bestselling author of ten novels, including the Tim Rackley series and the Thriller-award nominated The Crime Writer. He has written Wolverine, Punisher and Moon Knight comics for Marvel, and in his spare time, he serves as a consulting producer on the television series "V." A former competitive pole-vaulter, Gregg is one of a handful of bestselling authors who can say that he knows Dizzy personally. His new book, They're Watching, is the Mystery Bookstore's Crime Club selection for July. He kindly consented to five random questions. (Photo by Gwen + Eddie)
1. If you could be a superhero, which one would you be?
2. What is your favorite flavor of Campbell's soup?
Tomato. With grilled cheese to dip in it.
3. What was the last movie you saw in the theater, and was it worth the money?
Knight and Day. And yes, especially with my lowered expectations from unfair buzz.
4. If you could give your 16-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Riding on the roofs of cars isn't the smartest way to get from party to party.
5. No wagering, but who's your pick to win the World Cup?
Spain. No wagering! Bah.
If you're in the Los Angeles area, you can see Gregg in person at The Mystery Bookstore tomorrow (Saturday, July 10) at 4:00 p.m. If you can't make it — or even if you can — a trailer for THEY'RE WATCHING is online here.