Thursday, September 14, 2006

Why is Dizzy named Dizzy?

Who's asking: Grace Lechner

All right, the morning's not going well. I was halfway through a very long post on an entirely different subject, but lost my connection and the post -- so that question will have to wait until next week.

So here's an easy question, with a short answer. I adopted Dizzy when he was about five months old, from people who had found him by the side of the road. They called him Buddy, which had to change. All of my cousins in Los Angeles had dogs whose first names began with "D" -- Darby, Dudley, Danny -- so I decided that my dog needed a "D" name as well.

My friend Ann Marie and I discussed it during a hike. We considered Dot, because he's spotted; that led to Dash, by association, and then I thought of Dizzy, which seemed to suit his nature. Ann Marie said it was perfect, so Dizzy he became and remains.

I am badly overcommitted through Sunday, so posting will be late and possibly sporadic. If I owe you an e-mail, I'm sorry, and I'll get to it today, I promise.

Oh, and I almost forgot: a very happy birthday today to Miss Margaret Adele Lavinder, known to her friends and admirers as Meg, who is one year old today.

No comments: