Monday, December 01, 2008

I don't know how to make my driving time more productive.

Good morning from the Holiday Inn in Bridgeport, Connecticut, where Dizzy and I wound up spending last night.

Yesterday was a bad day on the road; after nine and a half hours of driving, this was where we were. I thought I could drive past the rain, but by the time I hit the Tappan Zee, it was clear that the weather wasn't going to get any better -- and it was snowing in Maine.

It's not a good way to start the week. I have several things due today, and at this point will not get home until around noon. Sorry, everybody.

The idea of making this trip again in three weeks fills me with dismay. I'll do it, but I need to figure out a way to be smarter about it, and a way to make my car time a little more productive. It's fun to listen to the audiobook of I, Claudius (my companion on this trip), but it doesn't get my work done.

If Dizzy would only learn to drive, it would make my life so much easier.

If you're in the Augusta area, join the members of Gaslight Theater this evening at Joyce's for our Annual Meeting and holiday party. We'll have a short business meeting, a discussion of our strategic planning process, and a holiday singalong. Free hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar, starting at 6:30 p.m.

4 comments:

Laura Benedict said...

If Dizzy were to drive, you'd end up stopping way too often for roadside snacks! (Some dogs I know would actually run them down--but I suspect Dizzy would not. Necessarily.)

Karen Olson said...

You should've driven another half hour and you could've stayed with us. Granted, the cats might not have enjoyed Dizzy, but they'd get over it.

Anonymous said...

I long for the day we can simply transport ourselves where we want to go. I know that day will come.

I'll probably be dead, but it will happen-I know there are others who are as impatient with driving as I am.

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

I thought about calling you, Karen, and if Dizzy had not been with me, I would have -- but putting up an 80-lb. dog is a big favor even when you're expecting him!