Thursday, April 26, 2007

How long does it take to get from Gardiner, ME to Santa Monica, CA?

Who's asking: The Super Shuttle driver at LAX, last night

Yesterday, it took about 13 hours. Left my apartment at 12:00 noon EDT, caught the bus from Portland to Boston's Logan Airport, flew to LAX, climbed into a Super Shuttle van, reached my destination (and two happy dogs!) juat before 10:00 p.m. PDT. Read three books (about which more tomorrow), sort-of watched three movies ("Invincible" on the bus, "The Holiday" and "The Pursuit of Happyness" on the plane).

Land distance between my home and Gary's, where I'm staying: 3,151 miles. My average travel speed yesterday: just over 242 MPH. Google Maps says it would take 27 hours to drive it, without stops. Modern travel is amazing...

Woke up before 4:00 local time this morning. The older I get, the harder I find recalibrating to time zone changes. Maybe I'll catch a nap late this afternoon, but I doubt it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try a Google Map question from Chicago to Paris. It covers the drive across the States, gets you to the East Coast, and then tells you to swim! It cracked me up.

Welcome to LA, Senorita Cordero!

Linda

Anonymous said...

You're here already?!?! Hopefully we'll get to see you!
-Kathleen

Anonymous said...

welcome to the left coast!
Your "little" bro
James