Thursday, February 24, 2005

"Feed me, Seymour!"

The Movie: Little Shop of Horrors, 1960 and 1986 (Charles B. Griffith, screenwriter; Roger Corman and Frank Oz, dirs.)
Who says it: In the two different movies, Charles B. Griffith and Levi Stubbs as the voice of the carnivorous plant, Audrey Jr./Audrey II
The context: Seymour (Jonathan Haze/Rick Moranis) is reluctant to provide the meat Audrey really wants.
How to use it: To make an unreasonable demand.

I'm off to Cambridge this morning to pick up my car. Anna's taking me to Portland, where I'm catching the Concord Trailways bus to the South Station in Boston, then taking the Red Line to Harvard Square, where I catch the bus to Hi-Tech Auto Body. At least I'll get some reading done.

It is unreasonable to see the car as anything but an inanimate object... an inanimate object that I own, dammit... everybody just say a prayer to St. Christopher for me, okay? I don't care if the man is mythical.

Tomorrow's blog posting will be late, because I'm leaving for Virginia Beach before dawn. The good news: more reading time!

No comments: