Thursday, June 22, 2006

Microburst

Who uses it: Meteorologists
What it means: A sudden, violent downdraft of wind, no more than 2.5 miles across, that causes major damage on the ground, similar to a tornado.
How you can use it: When describing someone who wreaks devastation without warning.

Running late again this morning, fighting some sinus congestion and feeling a little cranky for reasons I'm not sure of. The beach yesterday was just perfect, except for the water, which was too cold for anyone but seals. In my next life, I'd like to be a sea lion, but in this life, I could only wade in the water to my knees before my breathing started to constrict.

Today is another minor hooky-playing day, although I did work hard last night and will probably get a few things done this afternoon. Jen and I are taking Grace to see Cars in Falmouth, and I'm really, really hoping it doesn't suck.

Oh, and performances of Jake's Women resume tonight at 7:30 at Hallowell City Hall. All the cool people of central Maine will be there...

No comments: