Who's asking: Tom Ehrenfeld, Cambridge, MA, who has tagged me with this meme
How am I supposed to answer this question? Who are the "people" who supposedly don't know these things? I am far more secretive than anyone suspects, and I'll be damned if I drop any of those secrets here.
However, these are five things that would surprise most people I'm not related to:
1. I never took a college-level English class. I placed out of the two semesters required by the School of Foreign Service, and spent my electives on foreign languages instead.
2. I do an excellent elephant imitation, and will gladly perform on request even when I haven't been drinking. Giving credit where credit is due, I learned the technique from my old friend Ginger Baskett.
3. I'm a fraternal twin with two younger sisters who are identical twins. One of those sisters has fraternal twin boys of her own.
4. A priest once told me I should probably get married, for the good of my soul. That was a good 10 years ago...
5. I was the "contestant" in the pilot episode for the game show that eventually became "100 to 1." The version I did was called "Beat the Crowd," and the host was John Fugelsang, who's much better-looking and more charismatic than Bob Saget.
Rather than tag other bloggers, I invite everyone who visits today to leave their own five surprising facts about themselves in the comments section.