Friday, June 26, 2009

I do not know how to make page numbers show up in this section of my Word document.

It hasn't been a good week, and it's not going to get any better in the next few days. I'm sorry. I'm working on a few things that are really, really challenging me, and I just haven't had the time to post. Computer problems continue as well, though they have backed off into the "incredibly annoying" category rather than the "completely disastrous" one.

If I work hard all the rest of the day, I might be able to post tomorrow. Maybe.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Add a header/footer and insert Autotext; it'll be an option in the Header/Footer Task Bar.

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

Can't do auto-text, it's a custom header. Of course. In a new section. And I see the rest of the header, I just can't see the page number.

Sigh.

Claire said...

Ugh. I'd have to look at that. Sometimes, though, there is simply no way to get Microsoft Office to do the thing you want...I once had to write a 25-line program just to make checkboxes for a chart I was doing.

Anonymous said...

In Page Setup in File tab (at least file tab on a PC), is there apply to this section only or start numbering at option that would allow you to control page numbering?

I just got upgraded to the recent version of Word, and it is simular enough that any new functions are hard to locate.

RBo