Saturday, January 22, 2011

"I've been too long without summer/In this winter home."

The Song: "Till it Shines," Lyle Lovett & Keb' Mo'. Words & music by Bob Seger. Track 8 of Smile: Songs from the Movies, Lyle Lovett, 2003.
How/when acquired: Gift CD, 2008.
Listen/watch here.

Bob Seger's original of this is excellent, too, but I don't own it. This cover is from the soundtrack to the underrated Mumford, where it plays over the closing credits. Lyle Lovett and Keb' Mo' are a magic combination. I wish they'd record a whole album together.

My twin sister called last night just to make sure I was okay, because I hadn't posted since Tuesday. Sorry about that. I just haven't had anything to say, and feel as if I've spent most of the past four days dealing with the weather. We had another 10 inches of snow yesterday, which required shoveling approximately every two hours just to keep up with it. My building's roof is overwhelmed, the gutters are clogged with ice, and a row of icicles has laid a half-inch sheet of ice across the deck in front of my front door and my next door neighbor's.

I grew up in Virginia Beach. I don't have the slightest idea of what to do about any of this. I've sent an emergency email to my landlords, who are also friends, and I hope they'll know.

No comments: