Thursday, February 03, 2005

“Who the hell cares! Let’s go shopping!”

The Movie: Dawn of the Dead, 1978 (George A. Romero, screenwriter and director)
Who says it: Ken Foree as Peter, a SWAT officer and refugee from zombie attack
The context: Peter and his partner Roger (Scott H. Reininger) have managed to get into the shopping mall besieged by zombies, but don’t know whether they’ll be able to get out.
How to use it: When you’re shirking your responsibilities to – uh – go shopping.

I'm on deadline today, but I'm also leaving for Florida on Saturday, so Anna and I are making a shopping run to Freeport and Portland. Too much to do, too little time, too short a blog posting today. Sorry, I'll make it up tomorrow. I have a really great story to pass on from the woman who cut my hair, and it's all about mummies.

You'll just have to check back tomorrow.

No comments: