Monday, March 27, 2006

Cross-check

Who uses it: Flight attendants
What it means: Checking to see whether the emergency slides are functional on the doors of a passenger plane.
How you can use it: When double-checking your safety measures.

Home again, faithful dog at my side, plowing through my pile of work and wondering where all my mail is. Seriously... I had no first-class mail waiting for me, except for a Mass card for my mom from my cousin Deidre and her partner, Ruth. The Mass is being said at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York on April 25, and it's barely possible I can be there in person -- if you will be in New York that day and have any interest in going, send me an e-mail and I'll give you the details.

Spring is here, and the weather is spectacular. The sun won't set until 6:00 tonight, and it'll be up again tomorrow at 5:30. It looks like most of us have made it through another winter.

No comments: