Sunday, June 24, 2007

Can I audition privately for "Crimes of the Heart"?

Who's asking: Several people, including some who don't even live in Maine

Auditions for Gaslight Theater's production of Crimes of the Heart, by Beth Henley, continue on Tuesday, June 26 at 7:00 p.m. at Hallowell City Hall, One Winthrop Street, Hallowell, Maine. Performance dates are August 16, 17, 18, 23, 24 and 25, also at City Hall.

Thanks to everyone who came to auditions today. I was delighted with the turnout, and look forward to seeing who comes out on Tuesday.

I'm sorry, but I won't be meeting with people for individual auditions. That's partly because turnout's been so good, but it's mostly because I see the show as an ensemble production, not an acting showcase.

Seeing an individual monologue, no matter how impressive, would not give me any idea of how that actor might fit with the other five members of the cast. I'm looking for individual talent, but I'm also looking for a generosity of spirit and a desire to be part of something larger than one person's performance. That's what community theater is all about, and I'm excited to help put it together.

So please, if you're interested, come to auditions on Tuesday -- and if you have any questions, send me an e-mail at LambLetters - at - gmail.com.

No comments: