Tuesday is pub quiz night at The Liberal Cup in Hallowell, and last night I was the guest host. The post-Labor Day crowd was small, but we still had 12 teams playing, and I congratulate the two-man team of Bar None, who won.
The pub quiz is 30 questions; last night's winning team got 22 of them right. If you couldn't be there, try your luck with these five. In the pub, cell phones and Internet searches are not allowed . . . answers are in the comments section.
1. Charles Simic lives in New Hampshire and holds a national public office that pays $35,000 a year. What is his title?
2. The Barnevelder, Jersey Giant, Leghorn and Orpington are all breeds of what?
3. If I make you a cocktail with Scotch, Drambuie and lemon peel, what am I giving you?
4. How many schools comprise the Big Ten college sports conference?
5. The cassia tree is the source of what common spice?