Saturday, June 18, 2005

“A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around.”

The Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean, 2003 (Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio, screenwriters; Gore Verbinski, dir.)
Who says it: Johnny Depp as legendary pirate Captain Jack Sparrow
The context: Sparrow blunders drunkenly into a society wedding.
How to use it: Wait til the reception to use this one.

My cousin Sarah Johnson is marrying her longtime boyfriend, William, here today in Ridgecrest. It'll be a nice wedding, and believe me, I'm something of a connoisseur. I like to go to weddings; they're the most hopeful events I know, reckless leaps of faith that I admire tremendously (having never been able to make that leap myself).

Being here, though, means that I am missing another happy and hopeful event, as my nephew and godson, George, graduates from high school today. Congratulations, George, and may it be the start of many new adventures.

1 comment:

Tejaswy said...

I dunno about you but I too love weddings just like jack Sparrow....:D


drinks all around... :P

===

Please remove the word verificaton before posting a comment. Its really very irritating and is discouraging.
Blogger has a very good spam protection. You do not need a "word verification" thinggy