Wednesday, July 06, 2005

“I see you shiver in antici… pation.”

The Movie: Rocky Horror Picture Show, 1975 (Jim Sharman and Richard O’Brien, screenwriters, from the play by Richard O’Brien; Jim Sharman, dir.)
Who says it: Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite mad scientist
The context: Dr. Frank-N-Furter invites Brad (Barry Bostwick) and Janet (Susan Sarandon) to take a closer look at his work. This line leads into the immortal “Time Warp” number.
How to use it: When your audience has been waiting.

It would betray my high school theater geek heritage if I didn't use at least one quotation from Rocky Horror before the end of the month. That said, this movie works only with an audience, and preferably an audience intoxicated by adolescent hormones or some other substance; I saw an edited version on VH1 not too long ago, and watching it alone at home, sober, isn't very entertaining.

And yes, today's posting is very late, because I spent all day on the road. Traffic wasn't too bad, but the rain started before I got out of New Jersey, and continued all the way home.

But Dizzy and I are very glad to be home, and I was relieved to find that I had taken the trash out. Whew.

No comments: