Monday, December 12, 2005

Catch an edge

Who uses it: Skiers
What it means: When the edge of a ski turns into the snow, causing the skier to bobble or fall.
How you can use it: When something disrupts your progress.

I'm not much of a skier. If I want to jeopardize life and limb in freezing temperatures, I can save a lot of money by just walking down the middle of Water Street. That said, I'm already planning a trip to Sugarloaf on January 28, to see Big Head Todd and the Monsters. I don't care if I have to go alone; I don't care if I'm the oldest person there. It's on my calendar in big red letters. If you want to come along, let me know.

Last night I made the trip to Auburn to see "The Ice Harvest," the movie based on my friend Scott Phillips' book. If you liked the book, you'll like the movie, although they changed the time setting from the 1970s to the present day, and they changed the ending (which was inevitable). Oliver Platt deserves a Best Supporting Actor nomination, and steals every scene he's in. It's a movie people will love or hate, and since it does include rather grotesque violence, some very sick humor, projectile vomiting and lots of naked women, I'll be careful about who I recommend it to.

3 comments:

HouseRunner said...

Oh, thanks for reminding me. I entered to win tickets on 989wclz.com for the show, and lift tickets to go with it. I'll let you know if i win!

Anna said...

Of all the people in the world, I should have KNOWN that you would not only have HEARD of this band, but would want to GO, Chandra. I hope the new job is going great.

Sorry to use your blog for purposes other than conversing with you, Elle!

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

Ooh, Chandra, thanks for letting me know about the CLZ contest! I just entered, too...