Saturday, December 31, 2005

Martini

Who uses it: Filmmakers
What it means: The last shot of the day
How you can use it: On the last task of your day -- or your year

Last post of 2005. This would be the time for me to say something profound about the past year, or about my goals for next year, but I'll pass.

It's been a good year, if only because my friends and family and I are still alive and well at the end of it. I lost only one friend this year (my former colleague and mentor Alton Wingate). Only one pair of my friends got divorced, and one cousin got married. Several friends and relatives had babies, and several more will have babies next year. I made some new friends, saw some new places, read a lot of books and watched a lot of movies. I learned to ice skate. Thanks to everybody who visited the blog, even those of you looking for mail-order brides.

Chris, the Lechners, the Bragdons and I are headed Down East this afternoon, to see in the New Year at the Brooklin Inn. I'm not taking the computer with me (so there, Anna -- I can give it up any time I want to), so I won't post tomorrow until late in the day.

Everybody have fun tonight... everybody Wang Chung tonight. See you next year.

No comments: