Monday, December 26, 2005

Full nelson

Who uses it: Wrestlers
What it means: a hold in which one wrestler grabs his opponent from behind, under both arms, pushing the opponent's head down toward his chest. You can break someone's neck this way, if he turns his head wrong; don't try this at home.
How you can use it: When you're at someone's mercy.

Santa Claus was awfully good to me this year: I am now the proud owner of an iPod Shuffle. I love the randomness of it. I auto-filled it from my laptop's hard drive, set it to random play, and it gave me, in succession, Chet Baker's version of "My Buddy;" "Man of Constant Sorrow," from the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack; and Nouvelle Vague's cover of "Guns of Brixton." Right now it's playing the Beach Boys' "I Just Wasn't Made for These Times." It's my own personal radio station, WECL.

Christmas falling on a Sunday has left me confused about where the federal holidays fall. I believe that today is the official holiday, but since I took yesterday off, I'm back to work today. Feel free to pester me, if you know how to reach me.

No comments: