Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Talus

Who uses it: Geologists, geographers, and rock climbers
What it means: A slope formed by a rock fall, or other debris
How you can use it: To describe the aftermath of an avalanche, among other things.

Dizzy had such a good time baking cookies at the Lechners' yesterday that he is still sleeping. For myself, I have some catching up to do, and I feel a little frantic. I missed a meeting at Gaslight on Monday night because I simply forgot about it -- it was even on my calendar, but I hadn't checked my calendar, and I was convinced the meeting was next Monday, not this one. Sigh.

I blame the shortness of the days. Today we'll have exactly nine hours of daylight -- sunrise was at 7:00 a.m., sunset will be at 4:00 p.m. It does strange things to my sense of time. And we're still two weeks away from the shortest day of the year.

Happy anniversary to Anna and Tarren Bragdon, who still act like newlyweds.

No comments: