Saturday, December 24, 2005

Three dog night

Who uses it: Alaskans and residents of the Yukon
What it means: A night so cold you have to sleep with all your dogs for warmth.
How you can use it: Not very often, in Virginia Beach

The term I was going to use today was "Siberian dilemma," which is a Russian military expression for deciding how you're going to die -- but Mom and my sister Kathy both protested that this would be inappropriate for the season.

It's as warm as Maine's late spring here in Virginia Beach -- the temperature may get to 60 today -- and Dizzy is amazed and grateful to see grass again.

I have some last-minute shopping to do, and most of this blog's readers will see me over the next couple of days, so I'll keep it short. If you're setting things out for Santa tonight, think about adding a little protein to the mix; all that sugar cannot be good for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

also my favorite band of the 70s!
I'm behind on the blog, but had to comment anyway...
Love, Sue