Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Callback

Who uses it: Directors, casting directors, and actors
What it means: A second (or third) round of auditions for a part
How you can use it: When taking your time to make up your mind.

I had meant to audition for Gaslight's production of The Real Inspector Hound last night, but I never got there. The weather was lousy and my car was iced shut, and when I looked at the calendar, I realized I probably couldn't commit to a busy rehearsal schedule, anyway... so I didn't go.

Instead, I stayed home and watched the State of the Union. Does anyone else feel they're living in a completely different country from the one our President lives in? In my country, the devastation of Louisiana and Mississippi made more of an impact -- and the retirement of the Federal Reserve Chairman deserved at least a mention.

Today, Anna, Jen and I made an expedition to the nearest Trader Joe's -- which happens to be two states away, in Massachusetts. I almost cried when we walked in the door. I have just finished a supper of Chipotle Pepper Hummus with TJ's Whole Wheat Mini Pitas, and if I close my eyes I can almost smell the diesel fumes of the 405. Oh, California...

No comments: