Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Wuh-hoopin'

Who uses it: Joseph Mathews
What it means: "Whooping" times ten, usually under the influence of an intoxicant.
How you can use it: I don't know about you, but this week is spring break for many schools in New England... and next week is Mardi Gras. Go crazy.

Joseph coined this word while describing a British reality TV show called "Ladette to Lady." I think its uses are nearly endless... so let's spread it around, but make sure to give him credit.

Dizzy and I arrived safely in Washington, DC, and it's downright balmy here. Dizzy gave me a little trouble about getting into the car in Yorktown Heights... he would be perfectly happy to stay at my Aunt Marie & Uncle Eddie's indefinitely, since they have much higher-quality snacks than he gets at my house, plus a yard inhabited by groundhogs and other creatures, plus my young cousin (once removed) Kristina, who would gladly make herself Dizzy's maidservant.

It's good for him to be here at Joseph's, where Milo and Lucy (two neurotic Boston terriers) harass him and do not let him play with their toys.

No comments: