Thursday, May 03, 2007

Did you still want to go to the movies today or tomorrow?

Who's asking: One of my neighbors; last week we'd talked about catching a matinee when I got back to town

I always want to go to the movies, but not today and not tomorrow. Movers are delivering a shipment of furniture and other stuff -- including a washer and dryer, unimaginable luxury -- from my parents' old house this afternoon, a week earlier than expected. (Crazy, huh? Any minute now, it'll start raining dollar bills.)

It'll take me at least a couple of days to figure out where to put it all. I don't even know exactly what's coming, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting a couple of bookcases, which I desperately need.

The timing on this is good. I'm not exactly caught up with all my projects -- if I'm not overcommitted, I'm not working hard enough -- but I've finished everything that doesn't require major time and attention. A little furniture-rearranging and organizing will give the right side of my brain a break.

In the meantime, though, "Fracture" will have to wait. Sorry...

No comments: