Tuesday, September 28, 2004

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."

The Movie: Who Framed Roger Rabbit, 1988 (Jeffrey Price & Peter S. Seaman, screenwriters, from the novel by Gary Wolf; Robert Zemeckis, dir.)
Who says it: Kathleen Turner as the voice of Jessica Rabbit, the most glamorous woman in Toontown
The context: Jessica insists that she is faithful to her husband, Roger, despite appearances to the contrary.
How to use it: To counter someone’s assumptions about your behavior.

Dizzy and I are back at Gary's, taking care of Pete while Gary's in New York. So much for Gary speculating that Pete would never see Dizzy again. Pete was happy to see me, even happier to see Dizzy, but positively thrilled to see Dizzy's squeaky moose again. They both slept on my bed last night, which didn't leave a lot of room for me.

No comments: