Monday, August 30, 2004

"Hasta la vista, baby."

The Movie: Terminator 2: Judgment Day, 1991 (James Cameron and William Wisher Jr., screenwriters; James Cameron, dir.)
Who says it: Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator
The context: The young John Connor teaches The Terminator this phrase so he can sound less robotic; later, The Terminator uses it when he blows some bad guys away.
How to use it: When you’re checking things (or people) off your to-do list and moving on.

The movers show up at 10:00 this morning. Whatever's packed then goes, whatever isn't, doesn't.

My cousin Moira gave me a St. Christopher's medal last night. I've never had one, and there have certainly been times I could've used it. I don't care that St. Christopher is now considered mythical; the legend reminds us that strangers do offer help at the most unexpected times.

And it reminds me of one of my favorite Mary Chapin Carpenter songs. Today's even a full moon, so like her, I really can say that I rely upon the moon and St. Christopher to be my guide.

No comments: