Thursday, August 26, 2004

“He's fictional, but you can't have everything.”

The Movie: The Purple Rose of Cairo, 1985 (Woody Allen, screenwriter and director)
Who says it: Mia Farrow as Cecilia, an out-of-work waitress in the depths of the Depression
The context: Archeologist Tom Baxter (Jeff Daniels) has just walked off a movie screen to rescue Cecilia from her miserable life.
How to use it: Oh... I could provide a few names from my own dating history. But would that be kind? Would that be necessary?

With Mom improving, it looks like I'll be in Los Angeles next week, staying out at my friend Gary's. I booked a ticket to Colorado for Jean's wedding, and -- assuming my car is ready as promised on September 7 -- I will plan to leave here on September 8. Posting a new itinerary would just be tempting fate, so I'll wait until the repair shop confirms the delivery date next week.

No comments: