Monday, September 13, 2004

"Dude, where's my car?"

The Movie: Dude, Where’s My Car?, 2000 (Philip Stark, screenwriter; Danny Leiner, dir.)
Who says it: Ashton Kutcher as Jesse, a stoner who has misplaced his automobile
The context: After a night so wild they can’t quite remember it, Jesse and his friend Chester (Seann William Scott) discover that Jesse’s car is missing.
How to use it: Uh... when you don’t know where your car is?

I am not ashamed to say that my brother Ed and I saw this in the movie theater and laughed like idiots. Even so, for the good of Western Civilization I have to hope that the rumors of a sequel ("Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?") are just rumors.

It's just 7:00 now, and Bill the Car Repair Guy is supposed to be getting to work. I will call him in a few minutes... if I have real news to report I'll post again later today.

The one good thing about being stuck here over the weekend was that I stopped at the bookstore on Saturday afternoon for a jam session/publishing party for Gary Phillips' new collection of short stories, MONKOLOGY. Many of the bookstore's most loyal customers and authors were there, so I was glad of the chance to see them again before I go. Of course, I'll be back in less than a month to host a discussion group on In Cold Blood... assuming I'm gone by then.

1 comment:

Toyota IST For Sale said...

With the option of used cars on sale, a car can now be easily purchased. There are numerous advantages and ways to search for a Japanese used cars and Japanese used vehicles on sale.