Thursday, September 16, 2004

“When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”

The Movie: When Harry Met Sally, 1989 (Nora Ephron, screenwriter; Rob Reiner, dir.)
Who says it: Billy Crystal as Harry, a divorced lawyer who discovers that men and women can be friends… although the movie actually winds up disproving this, if you want to get technical about it.
The context: Harry declares his true feelings for Sally (Meg Ryan), his best friend.
How to use it: Well – you could propose. But it’s also good for declaring any decisive course of action.

This quotation has no direct application to me -- at least, not in reference to any particular somebody -- but it does feel relevant to my frustration. It takes me forever to make a decision once I start talking about it, so I feel even worse when I can't act on the decision once it's made. Yes, I know it's not a mature attitude.

But -- BUT -- the car may be done tomorrow afternoon. Maybe. I'm not posting ANY travel plans until the car is actually in my possession.

No comments: