Saturday, April 15, 2006

"I don't know... but one thing I know is that Joan of Arc was not Noah's wife."

The Movie: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, 1989 (Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, screenwriters; Stephen Herek, dir.)
Who says it: Alex Winter as Bill S. Preston, Esq., a stoner at San Dimas High School
The context: Bill and Ted Theodore Logan (Keanu Reeves) are about to flunk history, which will send Ted to Oates Military Academy and doom the prospects of their band, Wild Stallyns.
How you can use it: When you know what you know.

The moose infestation of Kennebec County continues: a young moose stopped traffic on the Maine Turnpike yesterday just up the road from the Gardiner exit, trying to decide whether to cross the highway. I didn't see that one, either. I have to drive up to Augusta later today, so I'll be keeping my eyes open.

My friend Megan sent me a pot of daffodils for Easter, and they're already blooming. The greatest thing about living so far north is this process of watching color return to the world, and everything waking up. Dizzy and I were down at the river this morning, and the grass is suddenly green. He grazed like a cow.

No comments: