Saturday, April 01, 2006

Multi-level marketing

Who uses it: Amway salesmen and many other promoters of home-based businesses
What it means: A distribution system that requires you to recruit subordinates before you can make any real money. In other words, a pyramid scheme.
How you can use it: To protect yourself; stay away... far, far away.

It's April Fools Day, and if I'd spent a little time and energy on it, I might have turned this page into an ad for my beauty consulting services, or an announcement of my new affiliation with the Maine Militia, or a love poem in honor of Tom Cruise.

But I didn't have the time or the energy, and the best audience for that kind of thing would have been Mom, and she's not around to be appalled any more. Dad already thinks I'm a little weird, so I'm not sure anything I could do would surprise him.

Instead, Dizzy and I are off to have an adventure at the Pine Tree State Arboretum, if the rain holds off. Things are starting to bloom, and the bugs are back. Yesterday afternoon I had some reading to do, so Dizzy and I went down to the Cobbossee Stream. I sat on a rock and read while Dizzy chewed a stick and watched the birds. The young chickadees are so small and clean-looking; they look new, which I guess they must be.

No comments: