Wednesday, November 24, 2004

“Oh, my friends – I’m so pleased you’re not dead!”

The Movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1981 (Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter, from a story by George Lucas and Philip Kaufman; Steven Spielberg, dir.)
Who says it: John Rhys-Davies as Sallah, Indiana Jones’ archeological dig foreman
The context: Sallah greets Indiana (Harrison Ford) and Marian (Karen Allen) after their escape from Nazis
How to use it: To greet friends you haven’t seen in a while.

I'm posting late today and this is just a quotation I like, apropos of nothing in particular. It might come in handy over the holidays.

The air mattress situation is getting completely out of hand. I patched it again before going to bed last night, but it's still leaking... I woke up on the floor a little after 3:00 this morning, added more duct tape, reinflated the thing, and was fighting my way out of it again at 8:00 a.m.

So this morning I'm very, very, very tired. Very. Tired.

No comments: