Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hot top

Who uses it: Road pavers
What it means: The asphalt layer on top of a roadbed
How you can use it: To describe a finishing coat on something.

I found a website that tells do-it-yourself driveway pavers to use hot top only when the temperatures will be above 50 degrees, and they can expect three days of dry weather. If that's the case, it's no wonder they still haven't been able to pave the road between Gardiner and Hallowell; I'm not sure the temperature got above 50 all day yesterday.

It's 50 degrees now, though, and the sun is out for the first time in more than a week -- no exaggeration. Yesterday was a library day for me, and today will be another, as I'm headed down to Portland with Anna.

Short post, because I'm rushing, but I'll have more to say tomorrow.

No comments: