Friday, December 03, 2004

“I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really good looking.”

The Movie: Zoolander, 2001 (Drake Sather, Ben Stiller and John Hamburg, screenwriters; Ben Stiller, dir.)
Who says it: Ben Stiller as supermodel Derek Zoolander
The context: Derek contemplates his future after his roommates die in a tragic gasoline-fight accident.
How to use it: If your friends don’t laugh when you say this, you have a problem. Unless you're actually a supermodel.

This line has no specific application today, it just cracks me up.

Dizzy woke me up right around 6:00 this morning, apparently to let me know that a) we had no heat and b) it was snowing. We went out in the first gray light of dawn so Dizzy could check it out. He likes it, although he doesn't have the slightest idea of what it is; he kept pawing the ground, trying to make it move, and sniffing to see what was going on. We're supposed to get about an inch before it stops.

Not having heat -- or hot water -- is a bigger problem. There might be more to life than being really, really good-looking, but I am NOT going to Kate's holiday party without washing my hair.

No comments: