Thursday, December 09, 2004

"It's my dirt! No good, but it's all mine."

The movie: The Grapes of Wrath, 1940 (Nunnally Johnson, screenwriter, from the novel by John Steinbeck; John Ford, dir.)
Who says it: Charley Grapewin as Grandpa Joad
The context: Grandpa Joad doesn’t want to leave his farm, although it’s turned into a barren wasteland.
How to use it: To express pride in your humble possessions.

The movers arrived last night around 11:45. A couple of things seem to be missing, but the most important items are here.

Deadlines today, and I have to pick up my car, so this will be a short post. We had a thaw yesterday, and the snow turned to slush before turning into solid blocks of ice overnight. Dizzy and I both slipped and fell this morning, but no damage done. I might need to get cleats.

No comments: