Sunday, December 26, 2004

“It’s such a fine line between clever, and stupid.”

The Movie: This is Spinal Tap, 1984 (Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer and Rob Reiner, screenwriters; Rob Reiner, dir.)
Who says it: Michael McKean as David St. Hubbins, a founding member of Spinal Tap
The context: St. Hubbins is commenting on the difference between Spinal Tap’s unacceptable album cover and another band’s wild hit.
How to use it: After conversational gaffes.

My sister Susan gave me this DVD for Christmas, which I appreciate very much -- I own it on VHS, which is useless since I haven't owned a VCR in years. Besides, the DVD has all kinds of cool extra features that I haven't even begun to explore.

It's snowing here. Dizzy was shocked. I'd planned to take him to the beach today, but will probably reschedule.

No comments: