Wednesday, December 01, 2004

“Pshaw right, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.”

The Movie: Wayne’s World, 1992 (Mike Myers, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner, screenwriters; Penelope Spheeris, director)
Who says it: Mike Myers as Wayne Campbell, star of his own cable-access TV show
The context: Wayne considers the possibility that he might be able to do his show, “Wayne’s World,” professionally.
How to use it: To express skepticism.

My car might be fixed today. No, really. (Gary said on the phone last night, "I'm not even going to respond to that.")

Today I need to figure out my weekend logistics. Kate's Mystery Books is having its holiday party on Friday night in Cambridge, and I'm supposed to see a client in Cambridge during the day on Saturday. It's no problem to drive down there, and I have a place to stay, but I need to figure out what I'm doing with Dizzy.

Still no snow... maybe this weekend. Anna says, "Shut up! You'll have more than you want soon enough." But they've been rolling the paths in the cemetery, because people cross-country ski there.

No comments: