Wednesday, January 26, 2005

“All me life flashed before me eyes. It was really boring.”

The Movie: Chicken Run, 2000 (Karey Kirkpatrick, screenwriter, from a story by Peter Lord & Nick Park; Nick Park, dir.)
Who says it: Jane Horrocks as the voice of Babs, a hen who spends all her time knitting
The context: Babs has just fainted after a near-death experience.
How to use it: As a warning.

Anna and I are headed down to Portland this morning, to run some errands and see the Margaret Bourke-White exhibit at the Portland Museum of Art. It's snowing some, but there's no way of knowing whether or how much it's snowing in Portland; those 45 miles make a big difference.

Anyway, Anna has four-wheel drive, which she recommends to me on a regular basis.

And no, I have no idea what's going on with my car. Buried under six feet of snow in Cambridge, I suspect. Maybe I should just leave it there til spring.

No comments: